The Government has given the Health Service Quality Standards which are the rights of all patients. While we agree that these standards are important we do not feel they are achievable without the help of our patients. We would ask you to read this section bearing in mind that we will keep to the standards set if you will give us the opportunity to do so.
Our responsibility to you
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have the right to confidentiality
- You will be seen on the same day if your medical problem is urgent
- You will be referred to a Hospital Consultant if your Doctor thinks it necessary
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request (during the working week)
Your responsibility to us
- Treat Doctors and Staff with courtesy
- We will not tolerate violent or abusive behaviour to any member of staff and such behaviour will result in you being removed from the practice list immediately
- Be punctual for appointments and remember an appointment is for one person only
- Cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend
- Be patient if the Doctor is running late
- Be patient on the telephone trying to contact a receptionist
- Do not request an out of hours visit unless it is an emergency, which cannot wait until the morning
- Do not request a home visit if you are able to come to the surgery.